Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Welcome to my nightmare

Well, friends, as much as I hate to admit this, Miley Cirus and I have something in common.
No, its not millions of dollars and adoring fans........no, I have never dated a Jo-Bro.....no, I have never met this DUDE.....and no I am not a mom/wife/Client Service Representative III by day and "rock" star by night........No, our common bond is much more simple and less life threatening: we both have a heart condition called tachycardia. Sinus tachycardia is a condition in which our resting heart rate is faster than the "normal, average" person's resting heart rate. For example, "normal" is 60-100 beats per minute and mine is 120 bpm.

Since I haven't written my autobiography yet, I haven't dedicated any chapters to my nonfatal heart condition. But Miley mentions that she "suffers" from it and she thinks about it every time she's on stage in her book, Miles To Go.

Well, Miles, rest assured that unless you also have something else physically going on (like, say, a lot of adrenaline running through your veins while Katie Douglas tries to break your nose in front of 200 people or you are on cocaine) you will probably be fine.

But if you are doing some strenuous, physical activity, and it proves too much for your heart, your body will take over and make you pass out. Its pretty awesome, and you usually get a pretty cool bump on your head. But you could turn that into an all-out media frenzy too and sell a lot more of your "albums" and DVDs and books!

No comments:

Post a Comment